Revised December 24, 2018
Electronic Filing Account Request User Agreement
In order to register for an account with eFlex, you must accept the terms of the user agreement as explained below. Failure to accept these terms will take you back to the login screen.
- I am an attorney in good standing licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia; I have been admitted to practice pro hac vice; or I am a self-represented litigant appearing in a particular case in which the Department of Employment Services has offered electronic filing.
- I have read and understand the requirements of User’s Manual for filers.
- Your account will be approved after review by a Department of Employment Services, Labor Standards Bureau (LSB) clerk.
- If you are requesting an attorney or pro hac vice account, you must provide your name, states in which you are currently licensed and in good standing, bar number, and e-mail address at which you accept notifications.
- If you are appearing pro hac vice, your sponsoring attorney must register and appear in the case first, then you will be permitted to apply to appear pro hac vice.
- If you are requesting an account as a self-represented party, you must provide your full name, residential address including zip code, phone number, and email address at which you agree to accept notifications. Your application must be approved by a LSB clerk before a user identification number will be issued.
- I have downloaded, reviewed, and agree to the terms in the User's Manual for filers.
- I understand that when my account is approved I will become a registered user of the electronic filing system and that I consent to electronic service (emails) of electronic documents as the only means deemed to constitute service for courts that are participating in eFiling, and such notice of filing is valid and effective service of the document on the registered users and shall have the same legal effect as service by conventional means.
- I will accept email as a method of notification that my account has been approved.